Introducing BC MindReader™
As the biggest business organization in the province, we have always had our finger on the pulse of the community—and now we've wired BC for insight.
- It’s an opt-in BC Business intelligence community—that is over 1500 members strong and projected to grow to 3000 by the end of 2019.
- Our members are CEOs and leaders, entrepreneurs, captains of industry, business owners large and small, and corporate British Columbians.
- Members provide insight into the BC economic landscape and voice concerns and opportunities for BC businesses.
- Data gathered through Mind Reader is contextualized and shared with government. It informs our advocacy efforts and the policy process.
- You’ll participate in surveys on topics you care about. All related to BC business and the provincial economy.
- Information gathered through BC MindReader informs our advocacy efforts and policy direction.
- We don't just gather insights, we also share it back with you—so you can make data-driven decisions about your business.
- Members are segmented by sector, region, gender (and more) to give us—and YOU—better insight into various business demographics.
What do you talk about?
In 2018, we surveyed our members on the following:
- Labour Market Issues
- Business automation
- Speculation tax
- Electoral reform
- BC Budget 2018
- New taxes
We also conduct an annual Collective Perspective Survey, which provides a pulse check on BC’s business community, and is shared with the Premier and various ministries.
CEO Val Litwin reviews the 2018 Collective Perspective Report with Premier Horgan
What’s the story behind the platform?
It’s our mandate to know what’s on BC’s mind. But Canada is facing a data deficit. And without good data, we can’t make good policy.
Our goal with BC MindReader was to give a voice to every business of every size from every region, and sector across BC. So we can make driven-decisions and policy recommendations, and empower businesses across BC by providing a direct line to us, and the government.
In 2018, we partnered with Vancouver-based Vision Critical to create this digital platform to pull real-time information and data from our members, and share it back with them.
The MindReader™ platform is hosted on Vision Critical’s cloud-based customer intelligence platform. With over 15 years of proven experience managing over 750 insight communities globally, Vision Critical has developed industry-leading best practices for engaging customers in on-going feedback.